Friday, October 12, 2007

My Chengdu Apartment episode 1: Laundry Night

Yes, it's Friday night and given a lack of VIP invites to fancy clubs coupled with a dearth of clean socks, it's laundry night. Pictured is my bathroom /laundry room. Although the laundry system really just consists of those two buckets, so I suppose could do laundry in bed if I felt like it. Luxurious, I know. For those of you wondering, yes, this is one of those bathrooms that has a squat toilet and a shower head all in the same tiled room. I like it like that. It's easy to clean. And I can splash around when I do laundry. I took this picture myself, by the way. I do have some friends here in Chengdu, but none of them are close enough that they'd be washing laundry with me on a Friday night, so I'm being domestic on my own.

Also, did I say the next post would be about Islam? Well, it got pre-empted by laundry night. Islam comes next.

3 comments:

Brien said...

Wow, cool trip. Please favor us with more Reshalati moments, as well as the afore mentioned promise of lessons on Islam.

I have to admit, I did miss having the squatter when we lived in our place at Dong Feng Da Qiao. When I was a student, living down in the Yulin area, we had one. But then again, we also had two other Western styles. Choice is good.

Matt, you'll be proud, as I've revived our blog, which was on life support. Check it out, unless you are hungry, 'casue there's food pics. Hold the Ji fen.

We love and miss you.

Johnny Lee said...

From this angle, you looks like the José Mourinho

;)

khris said...

you like splashing around, eh? hehe
loving the posts, that youre back to china, singing, doing laundry in the bathroom... what a life!!!


:P
keep them coming! beijos