Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nessun Dorma

I'm like a giddy teenybopper over Paul Potts. I just searched the internet for 45 minutes reading everything I could find on him. He's going on to the finals of Britain's Got Talent this Sunday. I'm starstruck, for real. The aria he sang is Nessun Dorma, from Puccini's Turandot. Dig it.

The Prince
Nessun dorma, nessun dorma ...
Tu pure, o Principessa,
Nella tua fredda stanza,
Guardi le stelle
Che tremano d'amore
E di speranza.
No one sleeps, no one sleeps...
Even you, o Princess,
In your cold room,
Watch the stars,
That tremble with love
And with hope.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
Il nome mio nessun saprà, no, no,
Sulla tua bocca lo dirò
Quando la luce splenderà,
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
Che ti fa mia.
But my secret is hidden within me;
My name no one shall know, no, no,
On your mouth I will speak it / kiss you
When the light shines,
And my kiss will dissolve the silence
That makes you mine.
Chorus
Il nome suo nessun saprà
E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir.
No one will know his name
And we must, alas, die.
The Prince
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars!
At daybreak, I shall conquer!

1 comment:

laura said...

that was cute! i felt bad when the middle judge called him a lump of coal, though.

i was wondering if he wins and becomes famous and has his teeth fixed, how hard it'll be to learn to sing with new teeth. probably hard.