Friday, March 09, 2007

Snow, Circus, Company

Last week 3 important things happened.
Laura's parents came up from D.C. to visit her
It snowed. A LOT.
I went to the circus.

On Thursday evening I met Laura and her parents at Shambala, a Tibetan restaurant on Saint Denis. I had been up all night the night before, and so I had just woken up from a nap when I got there, which made it hard to be witty and urbane, but I tried to pull it together. Then Friday they took Laura out for fancy-pants ($) food, so I went to the circus with Francie, from Indigo, which was, all in all, incredible. This coincided with a few feet of snow being dumped on the city, so I was already jumping and rolling all over the place in powdery white, and the ants in my pants only multiplied after the circus, which was a Belgian acrobat troupe. Highly inspirational. I want to be a Belgian acrobat. Riding the metro home, Francie and I got out at Mont Royal, and were amazed to find a mountain of plowed snow in the middle of the plaza, and next to it, a huge, fallen, plastic election poster, which we then used for a toboggan and went sledding on the snow pile. Sledding on top of a Liberal Party election poster on a snowy Friday night, after going to the circus. Honestly, it doesn't get much more inspirational than that. We topped it off with noodles at Parfums d'asie on Saint Laurent (3475 St-Laurent), and called it a night. A snowy, fun night.
powered by ODEO
Music today is from Bob Dylan, played by me, as always. It's "You're gonna make me lonesome when you go".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew, I'm your friend Katie from Nelson. I'm coming to visit you in Montreal March 15th. So, maybe you could email me please? I look forward to seeing you. katiemcewen@hotmail.com

khris said...

are you open to play some requested songs, again? :)

thanks for that email :)