Sunday, January 13, 2008

Birthday dinner



It was my birthday a couple of days ago, and Mark, Megan and Judy took me out for dinner along with our kung fu tutor, Sherry. Although... perhaps I should back up a little here to get you situated.

1. I've been taking beginner kung fu lessons along with Megan, Mark, Drew and Judy.
2. Megan, Mark, Drew and Judy are friends. All English-speaking foreigners (Mark and Judy of Chinese descent). All lovely people.
3. All but Drew appear in my recent video of my Christmas eve dinner party. Drew was over in Chong Qing playing a show with local rockers Proximity Butterfly.

There, now you're caught up. So they took me out to a sumptuous dinner at a place called "Vegetarian Lifestyle" (just the way I like my lifestyles) and gave me a number of sweet gifts, not least of which was an electric blanket! These past two nights have been CO-ZY. Cozy. Electric blankets are the cat's pyjamas (and ironically, allow me to finally ease up on the layers of pyjamas I've been donning every night). Sherry gave me a fan from her hometown in Henan province which I have yet to decipher but which depicts an apparently well-known scene in Chinese history. Afterwards we went roller skating. Roller skating! That was also the cat's pyjamas, pretty much. Sadly, no pictures. But oh, the memories (all alone in the moonlight).
Good night all you sports fans. It's electric blanket time again for me.

No comments: