Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The New Bangkok Digs (and mailing address!)

This is a photo from the new apartment. Megan and I totally sprung for a building with a pool. It just kind of screamed "quality of life", you know? Also, I had to remind myself when making the decision, that, unlike in Québec, in Bangkok you get 12 months a year of use out of a pool. It's endless summer, baby! I mean, there's a rainy season and a hot dry season and right now it's officially the cool dry season (winter) in Thailand, but as far as I'm concerned: it's all summer by any other name.

So far I've been in every day. The building has two residential towers, and the pool lies between them on the 4th floor. Our apartment is up on the 9th floor and we look down onto the pool.
It's right near the skytrain, which is Bangkok's modern and beautiful elevated train system and the quickest way to get around downtown in a city with probably the worst traffic I've ever seen. So all told: I'm pretty much living it up. Now I've just got to start paying for this place. Stay tuned for how that works out. In the meantime, anyone who wants to make me feel more at home by sending me some mail (only 58 days 'til Christmas!) might want to write this down:

1414/257 Floor 9 (Tower B) Sukhumvit Plus
1414 Sukhumvit Road
Prakanong, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Thailand

2 comments:

Marina Byquist said...

ok, digging the swimming pool. you should just sit in their all day.

Marina Byquist said...

i am an english teacher, i swear. when i said "their" i meant "there"