Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting Thai Iced Tea

This is the man from whom I buy iced milk tea in a bag almost daily. Having eaten at lot of Thai restaurants in North America and having always relished their Thai iced teas, I was intrigued to see what they would be like in Thailand, or if they were even a common Thai thing. Turns out that iced tea (and coffee) stands are a ubiquitous thing in Bangkok. I don't know if the teas themselves might fairly be called better, because truth be told, they're pretty much the same thing you get in a restaurant in New Haven, CT, which is great, because those are delicious. They are, however, much, much cheaper in Bangkok, which makes them definitely better overall in my book. As I said, I buy iced tea from this guy only almost daily, but I drink an iced tea from somewhere every single day, I think. The yellow sign on his cart says "everything 10 baht". That's cheap and no mistake. Even in Thailand, that's a good price.

No comments: