Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Shelves

This is picture 3 of my picture-a-day week, which will be over before you know it. Mostly because it'll be only a 5-day week. Sorry. I leave Bangkok on Saturday at 3 a.m. (Friday afternoon EST) and won't arrive in Maine until Sunday evening EST. So that's that. These are some shelves in my bedroom.
My shelves
There are postcards on there from Cameron in San Diego, Forrest in Peru, and the corner of one from Lizzie in the British Virgin Islands (so much classier than those American Virgin Islands, really).
Also:
a 500-kip bill from Lao P.D.R.
a pink women's polo sirt I bought in ChongQing, China
a yellow "Michigan" t-shirt given to me by Molly Menschel
two fox 40 whistles from my lifeguard days (black and red)
a bottle of rosewater, brought by a friend in India, which is labelled "Ayurvedic Medicine"
a spiral-bound Raffi Singable Songbook
nail clippers
clothespins which I mostly use for hanging things to dry on the balcony
a scrap of paper on which I was practicing Thai (รอสักครู means "one moment, please")
my rainbow necklace
a copy of "A Century of Christian Science Healing"
a free map of Bangkok
a recorder / flûte à bec (in its case)
a business card from the TubTim resort on Ko Samet (Samet Island)
a money card from one of the food courts in the mall I work at

1 comment:

Cameron said...

A treasure trove of a shelf if I ever saw one.